on June 21, 2018 at 6:38 am
Posted In: Food
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread lentils into a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Pour water over lentils. Add tomatoes, carrots, green bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, celery, parsley, and garlic to lentil mixture. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lentils are tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over casserole; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.